Financial participation and employee involvement in the mining sector.
FEDERATION OF THE INDEPENDENT SYNDICATES OF MINERS – KNSB (Bulgaria)
- Business Confederation Macedonia
- SSERI Samostoen sindikat na rabotnicite od energetika, rudarstvoto I industrija na Republika Makedonija
- Federația Națională Mine Energie
- FNME National Federation of Mining And Energy- Romania
- Federacion de Industria de CCOO
- FI de CCOO-Spain
- Zachodnia Izba gospodarcza – Poland
- Riga Business Association- Latvia
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
- To promote initiatives to strengthen transnational cooperation between workers’ and employers’ representatives in respect of information, consultation, and participation of employees within companies operating in more than one Member State.
- To increase the level of involvement of workers in financial management and financial structure within companies.
- To improve the levels of financial literacy of workers and union.
- To foster new approaches to employee voice and participation regarding financial strategies in organizations and within companies and emphasize the workers motivation and promote better performance.
- To promote greater worker participation to formal institutions bodies, such as works councils.
- To increase informal worker participation and improve relations between supervisors and subordinates in which subordinates are allowed substantial input into work decisions.
1. International start up workshop for interaction between social partners.
Specifically trade unions and confederations and trade union educators for detecting methods of using existing toolkits and methodologies regarding financial system, reading of financial statements and reports, and adapt them to the needs of mining sector. The workshop will include presentation of exciting methodologies and training materials regarding financial analyses, prepared by experienced experts with a strong mining industry background and knowledge about restructuring and economy in general.
2. Analytical phase of the project.
- Preparation of 4 mini reports on (desk analysis + interviews, online surveys, and 1 validation workshops will be organized for the preparation of the reports.): What role do the workers’, works councils, workers’ representatives at board level have in the financial management process in the mining sector; what positions do trade unions hold in addressing these problems? What influences and roles do trade unions wish to have in this area? Workers’ participation regarding financial strategies in organizations and within companies and the influence on the workers performance. A digital version of the reports will be translated into all languages of the partner organizations and published on the informative platform (website of the project), websites of the project partners.
- Preparation of a curricula for training of trainers “A basic course for reading financial documents and analyses in mining sector”. With this activity, the HR department representatives from companies from the mining sector will be trained to be facilitators for providing trainings to other workers and union representatives on basic knowledge of financial analyses.
- Development of a training curricula for basic financial analyses (training modules including presentations, manuals, audio and video materials for the methods for improving the employee involvement in financial management-lobbying to get the needed information, the awareness on the relations between economic performance of the company and the situation of workers, financial management training, the effective information flow between employers and workers’ representatives on financial aspects , how to use the knowledge in practice to strengthen the employee involvement in financial decisions taken within companies.). Publishing of an open educational resources (live streaming of the trainings) uploaded on the website of the project and on the websites of project partners
3. Organization of 1 trainings for trainers for HR representatives from companies.
The training will have online streaming with English interpretation.
4. Organization of 1 trainings on basic financial analyses followed by round table with representatives from companies, HR department and union representatives for models of implementation of the knowledge other issues mentioned above.
Publishing of an open educational resources (live streaming of the trainings) uploaded on the website of the project and on the websites of project partners will follow the trainings for participants of other interested stakeholders.
6. Conference for participants of all target groups, on formal and informal participation of workers and new approaches to employee voice and participation regarding financial strategies in organizations and within companies and emphasize the workers motivation and better performance.